Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random things

Taken from a challenge on facebook. Enjoy.

1. I love snow! But I don't ski, snowboard, ice skate, etc. What I do love is sitting by a fire, next to a window with a big mug of fresh hot coffee in my hands wathcing the snow fall.
2. I miss Buffalo....a lot these days. I miss the people, the food, the lake, the river.
3. I love the outdoors....walks in the park, walks in the snow, camping, hiking, paddling, biking. There is no better way to spend a day than outdoors.
4. Living in Cincinnati has opened up a world of opportunities for me. I wouldn't be as far as I am today without the ease I found of getting involved initially at Xavier. It's the reason I stayed for med school and the reason I likely was able to stay for residency.
5. Volunteering has been a big part of my life. I'm not sure where the drive to volunteer comes from (maybe it's the whole Catholic thing?) but it has been one of my personal priorities in life. That said some of the best people I've met have been through volunteering--i.e. Give Back Cincinnati--I've never met people I've bonded with so quickly then with GBC.
6. My friends mean the world to me. Each one has touched my life in some way. Past and present friends have all added to the person I am today. I am grateful for that.
7. One thing I don't get from my friends--my tendencies to being a little crazy. Some people say sassy but let's face it---crazy at times. This craziness is all the stored up energy I keep inside all day at work. If you're "lucky" enough to experience it--then you are one of my closest friends.
8. I often think about what my life would be like if I went to a different high school. I wouldn't change it for anything though.
9. I hate cats. I really do. I have adopted 2 cats and I love them dearly but as a whole....I despise cats.
10. Being a physician has already worn me down and I often think about becoming a barista at a local coffee shop. Too bad I have loans to pay off.
11. I am a saver. Meaning I save money like it's about to lose all it's value. Saving is not good in my case--I have loans with high interest rates that steal my money much faster than I can save.
12. My dream vacation spot is Greece.
13. I would love to finish a century ride someday. I have yet to work hard enough to reach this goal. This is more realistic than my real goal of finishing a triathalon. I laugh just thinking about it.
14. I love reading a good book--at the pool, on the beach, near a fire, on my couch. Mmmmmmm pure heaven.
15. I am Catholic but have turned into one of "those" Catholics who only go to church on Easter and Christmas. Instead I have found a great home at Crossroads Community Church where I have a great community of friends, have found true connections with God on a more regular basis and have been growing as a person, becoming more whole.
16. I am labeled a "liberal" but sometimes feel very indecisive on some issues in which case I would think this would make me more middle of the road with some liberal tendencies. The truth is I am really becoming more aware of the whole political system since finishing residency---so I expect this to evolve over time.
17. Speaking of changing...since residency I have been able to become more in touch with myself and the outside world (from medicine). This has been life changing and enjoyable in every aspect. I think I may have become a little more human.
18. I want to be one of those old ladies someday that get together with their other old lady and old man friends/husbands and have daily coffee at Burger King (or where ever) and chat about, laugh about current and past events. "Remember when???"
19. 25 things is a lot of things.
20. I love dresses, especially little summer dresses.
21. I used to want 6 kids. I was crazy then. Now I want 1-2.
22. Snuggies aren't that bad. Really. I can type on my computer without the blanket falling off. Ingenious.
23. People who feel entitled make me furious.
24. Watching the birth of a baby still makes me cry....every stinkin' time.
25. My favorite person is any person who can make me laugh. :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

You weren't kidding when you said you didn't blog in this very often :) Hope you're doing well since being back from NY!