Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...no good, very bad day

Yes that is what today is.

The snow and ice came last night and how beautiful the city looks! It's lit up in white and glistening in the sunlight after the storm has passed through. But for some reason today I have made many stupid decisions and little bad things just keep happening.

1. I woke up to find the little tree, the one that survived the "hurricane" back in September, had lost a large limb which is, in reality, a third of the tree. Down in the street covered in ice and snow. Another tree bites the dust. I only can hope the rest of the now weeping tree will grow back in the spring.

#2. I am on call tonight. That's not the bad part. the office is actually closed so I don't have to be there unless there is a c-section. The bad part is that I had to shovel and deice the driveway and my car. The stupid decision I made was that I would shovel the driveway and then while my car was warming up try to see if it would backup ok. It did. So then I decided to pull it back up to where it was. Bad idea. I ran into my hose holder and now the front bumper is cracked and banged in. My baby.....ruined.

#3. Even before that happened I was looking at the fallen limb in the street and mourning it's loss. A neighbor walked by and decided to mourn with me. As I went to reach for the tree to move it out of the street the man walked away. Not even a bit regretful of the fact that I was going to be moving the very large limb from the street by myself. Eergh.

#4. I was sanding the door in my room under construction upstairs today and made a mess of it. Scratches everywhere. Dents in places they shouldn't be. A mess.

#5. This is not even part of the day, really, more like my everyday thoughts but since today has especially been kicking me in the butt it becomes that much worse in my head. I am trying to figure out what I really want in a relationship and have been questioning my current one. He knows about it and really it's not him. It's me. No really. I just don't know what I want and at this point in a relationship (1.5 years) you should know. I should know.

So that is my day in a nutshell and there is still a whole afternoon and evening and overnight left. What more could possibly happen? Well I guess I can think of a lot of things and I hope none of it happens.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Aw, I hope you figure your relationship questions out - I think you and Todd are great, even more so after breakfast on Saturday. You compliment each other so well :) But I know that's a decision that only you can make!