Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cleaning up!

The wedding is over.

The thank yous are written. (Thank goodness)

The weather is getting colder.

What is there left to do?

Clean up, of course! I am now on the way to a clean home. It's a long way off but I'm going to get there. I have so many closets stuffed with, well, stuff. And the wedding room needs to be retired. Instead the dirty dress is sitting on the chair, the boxes of left over wedding paper and pictures stacked up. Retire already!

There is so much more time now to do things yet all I want to do is sit. October has been a mentally draining month. With all of the death and tragic accidents occurring around us I am ready for a new month, a new trend of life altering events.

So that brings me to babies. Yes - having babies. Todd and I are not necessarily wanting a baby right at this moment but we aren't exactly trying not to have one. We want a family and we would ideally like to have a child after Todd graduates. Well Todd plans on graduating in 10-11 months. Whoa! That hit me today like a ton of bricks. It hit me while I was planning on what dress I was going to wear for my coworkers wedding at the end if April and then again as I was thinking of how poor my diet is and how much I should be taking a vitamin. So I went to the store and I bought prenatal vitamins. What?!?

Now I am a little freaked out but I can't imagine being so irresponsible that I totally neglect my body and then get pregnant. I am a pediatrician for goodness sake! So I've decided that I should start caring...in case of emergency. They say you should start taking vitamins a few months before you think you will get pregnant. And that time has come. So I'm cleaning up my house and my body!

On to better things...

No comments: